Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Figma to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
We are looking for a friendly developer that loves helping people through their technical hurdles. Our fast-growing developer community and customer base consist of a wide range of people solving different problems with a range of different frameworks and technologies. To us, it’s important to foster an inclusive and friendly environment and a space where people of different experience levels feel comfortable asking for help. You will have an important presence, interacting with developers from across the world.
As our user base grows larger and with it, the volume of questions and feedback, we also believe it’s important to build tooling, infrastructure, and processes to help us incentivize community and customer self-reliance, make it easier to follow up conversations, and to pull useful signals out from the activity. As our community engineer, you will contribute to building this out, predominantly in our open source community management studio. Thus, you will also be using Sanity in the day-to-day, staying close to the product.
At Sanity, you will have the opportunity to be an early member of the team shaping how we approach and build our community support. You will be based in the Bay area and work out of our office* (we offer flexible work hours).
- Help our community and customers troubleshoot problems and answer questions
- Build out support infrastructure
- Structure and analyze support and community activity
- Collaborate with developer relations and solution engineering on relevant tooling and processes
- Enjoy helping people and understand their problems and love seeing others succeed
- Experience from support, either voluntarily in developer communities or professionally
- Have a passion for building strong and inclusive communities
- A pragmatic approach to software development, prefer iteration rather than perfection
- Able to prioritize and focus in a busy environment
- Experience with web/software development from an agency, freelance, or product company
- If you can show to technical communication (blogs, talks, etc) that’s a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long-term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- You will be based out of San Francisco. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in Oslo (Norway) from time to time.
- Flexible work hours and optional home office/remote (most of the team in SF working from the office 2–4 days a week and from home 1–3 days).
- A healthy work-life balance. A balance in life is important to us, and we accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance.
- Parental leave, health insurance, and PTO days
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
* We’re currently working fully remote due to COVID.