Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the content management space and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Figma to Burger King and The New York Times. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content in every channel from one single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values and join us in building the new standard in content management.
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager here at Sanity, you'll be responsible for building a robust, engaged team. Your team is responsible for evolving the Sanity Content Lake, our real-time document store where our user's content is stored and accessed. It runs in the cloud and is fully managed by us, with access to the Content Lake coming via the Sanity API.
Our mission is to provide an outstanding experience where users can collaborate seamlessly and experience real-time updates to their structured content across multiple datasets within the Content Lake and Sanity Studio.
By growing your team and building creative features in the core products you’ll deliver value to our customers, and our wide-reaching ecosystem of developers.
Leading the engineering team that builds and maintains the Content Lake is about working with great people and creating an environment where your team can shine. You'll have a passion for supporting the development of your team. You'll empower them to hit their goals and deliver results. With them, you'll build out excellent work practices to consistently deliver high quality customer value.
What you will be doing
- Set the standard for your team to ensure consistent, sustainable delivery, manage expectations and visibility of work.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering, along with leadership in product management and design, to facilitate teamwork and establish processes that can scale as we do.
- Under your leadership the Content Lake team will take ownership for their work streams. Working with our design and product management teams to influence the direction of the product. Planning the steps and scope to get us there.
- Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
This may be you
- 2+ years engineering leadership experience, either in the form of a team lead or an engineering/development manager position
- Experience with highly available distributed data-intensive backend systems
- A clear understanding of distributed application architecture
- Great understanding of API design and preferably some experience from working on developer oriented services and API driven businesses
- Computer science mind-set and ability to understand the complex requirements of building not just a user facing application, but also a toolkit that our customers in turn use to build their user interfaces and facilitate their content/data needs
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- You will be based out of Oslo (Norway) or work remotely in Europe. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in San Francisco from time to time.
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods
- Parental leave, health insurance and vacation you actually will be taking
- Competitive salary and stock options program
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.