Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Burger King to Figma and Brex. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
Sanity is backed by ICONIQ Growth, Threshold Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, Heavybit, Alliance Venture, Monochrome Capital, and prominent angel investors like Twitter and Medium co-founder Ev Williams, Netlify co-founder Matthias Biilmann, ex-CEO of Heroku Adam Gross and Vercel founder Guillermo Rauch. Learn more at sanity.io.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
About the role
Sanity Studio is an open-source CMS built with React.js. It provides an elegant, easy-to-use and powerful experience for content editors, and offers rapid configuration and free-form customization. Developers around the world use Sanity Studio, in combination with our toolkits and plugins, to craft content editing and workflow experiences that are optimized for their individual needs. The Studio provides real-time collaboration, document revision history, image and asset management and other powerful features that help users make the most of Sanity’s content platform.
As Group Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for the evolution of Sanity Studio. You’ll understand the content management systems market, be the keeper of the vision for Studio, own the product roadmap, and have a strong point of view about how Sanity can win. You’ll go deep with customers and users to understand their needs, and be their voice in the product development process. You’ll collaborate with design and engineering to define and ship great new features, and work closely with your cross-functional partners in sales, marketing, developer relations and customer success.
As we expand the Studio team, you’ll recruit and lead a small team of PMs that are responsible for different areas of the product. We are a scaling startup, and we are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial-minded product manager who thrives ambiguity while creating clarity and focus for their team.
What you’ll do
- Own the product vision for Sanity Studio, and ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Evangelize that vision inside the company, so that all your stakeholders have context and understand where we are going with the Studio.
- Be an expert on the evolving content management market and have a point of view on how Sanity can win in that market.
- Deeply understand customer needs, and be the champion and voice of Sanity Studio users in the product development process.
- Manage the Sanity Studio roadmap, and make tough tactical prioritization decisions, balancing short-term needs with long term vision. You’ll maintain an understandable, accurate roadmap, and collaborate with stakeholders to align the Studio roadmap with other teams.
- Write product briefs and user stories, and collaborate with your partners in engineering and design to ship a steady stream of high quality product improvements.
- Define and own the measures of success for Sanity Studio. Evangelize those measures throughout the company, and use them to drive insights and new product hypotheses.
- Discover and validate new product opportunities for Sanity. Help us achieve our vision and execute our strategy by uncovering and developing new ideas.
This may be you
- You have 6+ years of product management experience where you’ve demonstrated your ability to discover, define and deliver product opportunities.
- You have demonstrated experience collaborating closely with product designers and engineers to ship high quality products that delight users.
- You have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- You’re entrepreneurial-minded and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are execution-focused and driven to ship great products for customers.
- You have experience with customer research, and know how to get feedback at the right time from the right users to help inform your product decisions.
- You have experience recruiting, mentoring and managing PMs in a highly fluid environment.
- You have familiarity with modern software development and delivery practices.
Nice to have
- Experience working with content management systems or similar products.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.