Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the content management space and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Figma to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content in every channel from one single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values and join us in building the new standard in content management.
About the Role
Sanity is a platform for building the spaces where teams collaborate on digital content. Rich content creation, powerful real time collaboration, and excellent workflows and coordination tools are key. Additionally we take great care in designing our developer APIs and developer tools and see them as integral to our product. We are growing fast, and people are finding new, powerful uses for our platform every day. Key to our product design team is evolving our product along these important axes, while still thinking deeply about how it all fits together in order to keep the product simple at the core. We aspire to be a content system that is as great a fit for a two hour “hack” as it is for a global enterprise development endeavor.
Heading our product design team is about having a deep understanding of our vision, strategy and goals, being able to guide and develop our design team tasked with this complex balancing act: To provide an incredibly versatile, powerful yet simple product. You will build on our design culture, stoking it and help it move our vision through excellent processes and practices and rituals like design critiques and workshops. You will develop our designers as individuals, but also build and foster an environment that succeeds as one team. You will foster great collaboration with product management and engineering, being a champion for design thinking and practices across the product organization, and help build a visionary design culture that keeps us moving together as we create the content platform to end all content platforms.
You will report directly to our CTO/co-founder and collaborate closely with our CEO, product- and engineering management.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the co-founder/CTO, the team, and with the product- and engineering management, engaging with our mission and strategy and help drive our exploration and product development through excellent design
- Run the day to day operations of the Product Design team, coach and hire team members, help your team focus their energy on what matters. Currently this is a 3 person team, and it is set to grow at a slow but steady pace.
- Foster a great design culture across the product organization, evolve the processes, practices and rituals of the team, ensuring excellent product design development in collaboration with the engineering and management.
This may be you
- You know how an excellent product organization runs design first hand
- You have proven leadership and communication skills, having lead similar teams before
- You are thoughtful and passionate about your people and our ability to perform sustainably, yet proactive and focused on keeping the pressure up on our development as people and as a company
- You have a passion for collaboration, people, process, and performance, and you know how to help others deliver fantastic design results
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- You will be based out of Oslo (Norway) or work remotely in Europe. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in San Francisco from time to time.
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods
- Parental leave, health insurance and vacation you actually will be taking
- Competitive salary and stock options program
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.