Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Burger King to Figma and Brex. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
Sanity is backed by ICONIQ Growth, Threshold Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, Heavybit, Alliance Venture, Monochrome Capital, and prominent angel investors like Twitter and Medium co-founder Ev Williams.
About the role:
As our People Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to build and operate our People processes, policies and programs from onboarding through offboarding. You will be a key player in ensuring we scale appropriately, while using our systems and tools, providing an efficient and high quality employee experience. As our first employee in People Operations, this role requires adaptation to the needs of the various stages in the company’s growth, being a hands-on role that improves or builds processes that the growing team will inherit. The management team at Sanity is dedicated to building a sustainable organization, this is a highly visible role and your work will bevalued across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a resource for our employees throughout their time here, managing employee lifecycle processes from onboarding to offboarding.
- Manage the administrative responsibilities of the People Operations team, performing operational duties required to keep our processes running efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the US Benefits Program (global experience a plus), including end-to-end open enrollment, benefits renewal, leave management and benefits compliance.
- Manage New Hire Orientation and support our global onboarding program to ensure seamless integration of new hires into Sanity.
- Partnering with our Finance and Legal teams, oversee the communication of HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure sound leadership application and legal compliance.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for People Operations processes, policies, and tools for manager or employee questions.
- Build and maintain documentation and guides of current and future People Operations processes and standard operating procedures for a streamlined user experience.
- Manage employee data in our core systems, supporting reporting and audit activities, ensuring data governance, integrity, confidentiality, and compliance.
- Perform additional People Operations duties and projects as they arise.
- Identify trends and initiative process improvements with the team to support and improve employee experience and to create process optimization.
This may be you:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in people operations (comfortable operating as a team of 1)
- Experience at an early stage fast growth company helping build the people operations function from scratch
- Solid knowledge and understanding of HR and people processes across the entire employee lifecycle
- Experience handling employee compliance and benefits
- Personal integrity and good judgement
- Sense of urgency, and the ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- Flexible mindset and able to navigate ambiguity with ease
- Attention to detail, and a keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
What we can offer:
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture
- A healthy work-life balance - balance in life is important to us, and we accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance.
- You will be based in our San Francisco office. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in Oslo, Norway
- Stipends that help cover physical health, home internet, and cell phone expenses
- Generous parental leave, health insurance and PTO
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.