Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Condé Nast to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to work with us in developing the product. The role reports to the CEO and works closely with both CTO/Co-founder, Engineering manager, and with Co-founder/Brand and Marketing, as well as the Sales.
As a product manager of Sanity you are responsible for navigating the product development of Sanity. You will be capturing and structuring feedback from the market, our users and customers, and champion and advocate for our customer’s and prospect’s needs internally.
You own the product roadmaps, optimizing and prioritizing based on our internal product vision and feedback from the market.
In addition you will be responsible for specifying and following up on the development with Engineering manager and CTO, as well as following up on marketing and measurement of the product with our marketing, developer relations and growth teams
We will consider leveling the right candidate for their experience up to Director of Product, but we expect this to be a hands-on individual contribute with opportunity for management as we grow
This is a unique position that works with the core of Sanity, the product, and collaborates with all aspects of our organization.
What you will be doing
- Own and organize our product roadmap with management and founders
- Specify product developments and features
- Coordinate with Design and Engineering management and follow up product development
- Keep up to date with customer views and capture feedback across the organization as well as across various user groups
- Keep up to date with market trends, partner developments and competitor developments and analyse the impact on our product development
- Work together with our analytics team to understand the usage of our product, and how that should impact the future roadmap of Sanity.io
This may be you
- Experience as product manager for a technical product, ideally a developer product or similar
- Having worked at a Startup at an early stage (+/- Series A)
- A self starter who likes unstructured problems and can figure out how to drive impact
- Excellent communication skills, and thrives being the glue that speaks to all interest groups related to our product usage, internally and externally
- Some experience with code. Sanity is a developer product, using React
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture, a healthy work life balance and focus on personal development
- We have an office is in SOMA, San Francisco, but we are also open to partial and fully remote candidates. We think it's valuable to be able to spend time together so remote applicants should consider spending some time in San Francisco. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in Oslo (Norway) from time to time.
- Parental leave, health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and time off
- Competitive salary and stock options program
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.