Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors is a testament to how we improve how people work with content all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Condé Nast to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
It’s always peak hour somewhere: With infrastructure and clients spanning all continents, a Sanity SRE ensures that the solutions we build are scalable and fast, safe to deploy, and inspiring to use.
Our stack is built on a mix of the tried-and-tested and the bleeding edge. The core technologies we currently use include Kubernetes, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, NATS, Kong, and Google Cloud Platform.
The work involves working closely with our development teams in designing and building out an infrastructure that supports our global ambition to be the best platform for authoring, processing, and distributing content worldwide in real-time. That delivers on our independent developers' requirement of maximum convenience and value for effort, while also catering to our enterprise clients' needs for security, stability, and performance.
What you will be doing:
- Planning and implementing a global platform for delivering our software as a service
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Ensuring observability and analyzing the behavior of our stack
- Orchestration, deployment, monitoring, automation
- Scaling our platform as we grow
- Day to day operations of our platform
This may be you:
- Experience with SRE/devops tools, processes, and culture
- Analytical approach to designing, diagnosing and optimizing infrastructure
- Experience with managing scalable, highly available, cloud-based applications.
- Experience with, or interest in, infrastructure as code.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- An open but considered approach to new technologies
- Programming experience is a plus, but not required
There are many roads leading up to being an SRE. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we can offer:
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- The position is open in both our offices or remote (US Time zone). You can either be based out SOMA in San Francisco or based out of one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) or you you can work remote. From time to time, you will also have the opportunity to work from our other office, either in SF or Oslo.
- A balance in life is important to us, and we accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance.
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods
- Parental leave, health insurance and PTO days
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.