We are looking for a UI/UX developer!
Sanity.io is looking for a developer who loves crafting user interactions and visual environments in code.
Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors prove we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Condé Nast to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic and data-driven approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
What are we building?
At Sanity.io we are building APIs, tooling, and a user interfaces for editing and managing content. Most of what we do involves lifting complexity away from developers that use our platform to deliver content to digital products. To accomplish this we are building and exploring:
- Collaborative editing experiences
- Real-time backends and interfaces
- Workflows optimized for developer experience and efficiency
- Reusable and extensible components
- Accessible interfaces
What you will be doing:
- Implement designs in collaboration with our team of designers and developers
- Create consistent, functional, and beautiful interfaces
- Ship high quality code and high fidelity visual interfaces
- Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
- Contribute to a small team of passionate people building a great product
- See the positive impact of your work on our community
This may be you:
- A curious, creative problem solver that always want to learn
- Open minded, and enjoy collaboration with both designers and other developers
- Passionate about UX, UI and responsive designs
- Experienced in implementing user interfaces from prototypes / design sketches
- Proud of your skills and can craft pixel perfect interfaces and micro-interactions
- Care about web accessibility and writing semantic markup
- Consider CSS as a powerful language with a pool of opportunities
There are many roads leading up to being a UI/UX developer. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we can offer:
- You will be a part of a highly skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal and professional growth.
- The position is open in both our offices, so you can either be based out of the infamous SF Bay area, or based out of one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) ticking all the boxes when it comes to arts, night life, family friendliness, and the great outdoors. From time to time, you will also have the opportunity to work from our other office, either SF or Oslo.
- Paid parental leave, healthcare, and Nordic vacations.
- A healthy work-life balance. A balance in life is important to us, and we strive to accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance and family.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Apply to the position here!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.