Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations like Condé Nast to Burger King, and MIT. That trust is based on our ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
You have the opportunity to be our first US-based sales representative and an early member of the team shaping how Sanity.io is sold. We are searching for an Inside Sales Representative to drive expansion in the North American market, reporting directly to our CEO and closing deals in the range of USD 20k to 100k+ of ARR.
As the first full time AE in North America, and second in all of Sanity, you have the opportunity to build on the early successes of the Sanity team and help shape our continued growth. You will work from the SF Bay Area but with opportunity to work from Oslo, Norway from time to time.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Handle our inbound lead flow in the US and close deals to generate revenue
- Prospect our existing customers to drive usage and increase their contract value
- Help drive the growth & adoption of Sanity.io in the Enterprise market
- Manage full sales cycles with organizations from qualified lead to closing
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams to efficiently navigate sales cycles
- Build and develop trusted relationships with key decision makers & influencers
- Uncover new opportunities from our existing customers
- We only do inside sales, and believe that the community driven approach is ideal for developer software such as Sanity.io. We engage deeply with larger customer prospects through support sparring in exploration and proof of concepts.
- Our target audience is developers. We believe in making a tool that enables developers to create great authoring experiences, and efficient content distribution for product owners. For our larger customers we are typically interacting with a larger team of developers, content editors, marketers, and product owners,
- We do not provide professional services to our customers. Our customers typically have developers inhouse, or work closely with agencies. We also work with a range of agencies directly.
- We provide technical support, as well as architectural support, and sparring on content modelling
- The opportunity to help shape the go-to-market approach at your workplace
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- Competitive compensation package, stock options, and health insurance
- Flexible hours and optional home office / remote-in periods, most of the team in SF working from the office 2–4 days a week and from home 1–3 days
- Opportunity to work from our Oslo office for periods of time
- Curiosity, a growth mindset, and high integrity
- Experience in a closing role at a SaaS company, ideally from shaping the sales process of a newly launched product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders from developers to marketers to executives of large enterprises
- We don’t expect you to have experience from the CMS market, but we believe its important to have the ability to quickly learn about new products and how they are used and creating value for the users
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing and evolving work environment
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Please don’t self-select out. Apply anyway!
- Sanity was established as a SaaS company in 2017, but the MVP of Sanity was made when we were the agency Bengler, with work we did for The Office of Metropolitan Architecture, and Rem Koolhas in 2015 (still a customer!). We further bootstrapped with work for MIT, DSRNY as well as the Mellon Foundation, before we launched and started selling Sanity as a SaaS offering in November 2017.
- We recently raised a seed round from Heavybit, the accelerator in SOMA, SF, founded by amongst other Heroku founder James Lindenbaum, as well as founders of companies like Mux, Netlify, Stackbit and NURX.
- Sanity.io already has quite a few larger customers, like Popeyes, Cornerstone OnDemand, Condé Nast, and Eurostar. But also a community with thousands of developers.
- The Nobel Peace Center runs both their site and an audio-visual installation on Sanity.io.
- MIT runs their CAVS special collection website on Sanity.io
- We look up to companies like Stripe, Twillio, Netlify, and Figma. We believe developers are a key customer segments and gaining purchasing power, and we believe bottom up developer centric business models are extremely powerful, also in the enterprise segment.
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.