Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Condé Nast to Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to a small team of passionate people building a great product
- Define and create excellent new visual designs and interactions
- Work on defining our visual identity and brand
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering
- Create prototypes to quickly understand and communicate complex challenges
- Define the requirements, not just translate them into designs
- Work with product narratives and user research
This may be you:
- Familiar with the constraints and material of digital products
- Find joy in discovering elegant, simple solutions hiding in complex problems
- Interested in how digital creative tools are built
- Able to identify and attend to actual people's needs
- Able to create elegant and compelling designs
- A strong communicator that can articulate, discuss, and advocate for design decisions
- Perhaps proficient with code so you can implement your own prototypes
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Product design experience, spanning from ideation to implementation
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong and accurate visual design sense
There are many roads leading up to being a digital product designer. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out! Send us your portfolio.
Design at Sanity
Design at Sanity is about exploring and inventing a new medium with new sets of challenges and exciting opportunities. For us design is a negotiation of often contradicting concerns such as user needs, technological possibilities, business needs and aesthetics. The value of design is in navigating and finding inspiring possibilities within the constraints of the situation.
We believe in being pragmatic, working iteratively and collaboratively, testing early and often, and combining just enough research with extensive domain knowledge, invention and craftsmanship. We’re a small team in the process of defining and developing a design culture. Your perspectives and approaches will be central in shaping that culture.
What we can offer:
- You will be a part of a highly skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- The position is open in both our offices, so you can either be based out of the infamous SF Bay area, or based out of one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) ticking all the boxes when it comes to arts, night life, family friendliness, and the great outdoors. From time to time, you will also have the opportunity to work from our other office, either SF or Oslo.
- Paid parental leave, healthcare, and Nordic vacations.
- A healthy work-life balance. A balance in life is important to us, and we strive to accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance and family.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Apply to the position here, and remember to attach your CV and portfolio!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.