Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations from Burger King to Figma and Brex. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
Sanity is backed by ICONIQ Growth, Threshold Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, Heavybit, Alliance Venture, Monochrome Capital, and prominent angel investors like Twitter and Medium co-founder Ev Williams, Netlify co-founder Matthias Biilmann, ex-CEO of Heroku Adam Gross and Vercel founder Guillermo Rauch. Learn more at sanity.io.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
About the role:
We’re looking for a driven, analytically-minded professional to build and lead the Analytics team. The team will be responsible for the research, reporting and experimentation necessary to fuel business growth. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, an eagerness to work cross-functionally, curiosity to learn more every day, and patience to work through difficult and ambiguous problems. This is a highly visible role in the organization involving close partnership with senior leaders across the company.
- Partner with teams across the organization (marketing/sales, product, finance) to identify the roadmap for the Analytics team.
- Lead data engineering efforts to improve the flow of data from critical streams and implement the next version of our data infrastructure.
- Lead a team of data analysts to define and measure key metrics for our products and systems, apply statistical methods to inform business decisions.
- Make data a part of the decision-making process throughout the organization.
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers.
- Foster an environment of learning and growth across not only your team, but within the company.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of experience with building analytical models, data pipelines, and reports at scale
- You have a track record of informing business decisions and steering growth with data. You have experience defining, tracking, and maintaining key metrics across the business.
- You have the drive and know-how in building a data warehouse and implementing visualization tools for stakeholders from across an organization (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, and Engineering). You have either led or assisted in designing data warehouses and/or data lakes.
- You write readable, performant SQL that can answer all but the most challenging business questions. For those, you use Python or R.
- You can select and implement the right data pipeline tool for the job, such as dbt, Stitch, Segment, and Zapier. You are familiar with data orchestration best practices, such as the proper use of Apache Airflow or similar workflow software.
- You have spent time implementing data visualization tools such as Looker and tackling the challenge of enabling consistent and accurate self-serve analytics across an organization.
- You are familiar with version control best practices that ensure high-quality data pipelines.
- You have experience managing Engineers and Analysts with at least two years in a Data leadership role.
- You are eager to build. You scale processes and your team to meet the needs of the company and support its growth with data.
- You motivate, rather than command. You have listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written. You have a strong history and interest in serving your reports and multiplying their effect.
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing advanced statistical methods (e.g. k-means clustering, logistic regression, etc.) is preferred but not required.
What we can offer:
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture, a healthy work life balance and focus on personal development
- You can work remotely in Europe or be based out of one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) ticking all the boxes when it comes to arts, night life, family friendliness, and the great outdoors. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in the San Francisco Bay Area from time to time.
- Universal healthcare, support to nurture physical and mental health, parental leave and Nordic vacations.
- Competitive salary and stock options program
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.