Who are we?
Sanity.io offers an innovative new way of working with content. It enables businesses and individuals to deliver new levels of meaning and value to their users all around the world. Our flexible platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and content creators proves we are improving the working lives of people all over the world.
Sanity is already trusted by organizations including Figma, Spotify and InVision to shape the digital experience that they deliver to their users. That trust is based on our product’s ability to facilitate real-time collaboration, quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
Design at Sanity
Design at Sanity is about exploring and inventing a new medium with new sets of challenges and exciting opportunities. For us design is a negotiation of often contradicting concerns such as user needs, technological possibilities, business needs and aesthetics. The value of design is in navigating and finding inspiring possibilities within the constraints of the situation.
We believe in being pragmatic, working iteratively and collaboratively, testing early and often, and combining just enough research with extensive domain knowledge, invention and craftsmanship. We also value sustainability and maintainability in design here at Sanity, so we are building our own design system to ensure this systemic thinking is at the core of how we design the Sanity experience.
We’re a small team in the process of defining and developing a design culture as we grow, so your perspectives and approaches will be instrumental in the shaping of that culture.
About the role
In this role you will have the opportunity to join a small, but growing team of collaborative product designers where you will truly be able to make your mark, not only on the Sanity product experience but also on our entire design culture. We value quality over speed and always encourage you to take ownership of your projects and create your best work, our greatest concern is our users therefore great product design is always the top priority.
With a key focus on both our open-source community of technical users and our content-led creative users, you will be central to the ideation, design and refinement of a wide array of innovative new features. Your ability to solve complex usability problems with great interaction design will really set you apart in this challenging and creatively rewarding role.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to a small team of passionate people building a great product
- Define and create excellent user experience and interactions
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering
- Create prototypes to quickly understand and communicate complex challenges
- Define the requirements, not just translate them into designs
- Work with product narratives and user research
This may be you:
- Have a special knack for capturing complex user needs in approachable, inspiring user experiences
- Interested in how digital creative tools are built
- Value high quality over breakneck speed
- Able to identify and attend to actual user's needs, both technical and creative
- Find joy in discovering elegant, simple solutions hiding in complex problems
- A strong communicator that can articulate, discuss, and advocate for design decisions
- Appropriate product design experience, spanning from ideation, research and user testing through to implementation
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong and accurate visual design sense
There are many roads leading up to being a product designer. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out! Send us your portfolio.
What we offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long-term personal growth
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture, a healthy work life balance and focus on personal development
- You can work remotely in Europe or be based out of one of Europe’s fastest growing cities (Oslo) ticking all the boxes when it comes to arts, night life, family friendliness, and the great outdoors. You will also have the opportunity to work from our office in the San Francisco Bay Area from time to time.
- Universal healthcare, support to nurture physical and mental health, parental leave and Nordic vacations.
- Competitive salary and stock options program
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.