Who are we?
Sanity.io is the fastest, most flexible platform for collaborating on and delivering content to digital devices and products. Our platform is redefining the CMS market and changing the way organizations collaborate and work with content. Our growing community of developers and editors is a testament to how our work empowers content driven businesses all over the world.
Sanity is trusted by organizations as diverse as National Geographic, Burger King and MIT. That trust is based on our product’s ability to quickly create customized workflows and content models, drive a programmatic approach to content, and enable organizations to distribute structured content from a single source of truth via any channel and format.
We believe that you cannot build a great company without a great culture. Read about our values here and join us in building a diverse and inclusive team.
About the role
We are looking for an Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead to work with us in building a strong SRE-team that can evolve our platform and support our growth. The role reports to the CTO and will work cross functionally to develop our technical strategy and long term roadmap.
As our first SRE Team Lead you will be responsible for developing and organizing our small but vitally important SRE team, helping us excel in how we do SRE. You will also be working closely with our development teams in designing and building out an infrastructure that supports our global ambition to be the best platform for authoring, processing, and distributing content worldwide in real-time.
What you will be doing
- Plan, coordinate and run the daily operations of our SRE team, while also being hands on with SRE development and maintenance
- Lead the effort to further globalize our infrastructure and help drive the discovery of new opportunities to create value for our customers
- Establish and develop workflows and best practice processes, and identify infrastructural and architectural investment needs.
- Develop and own incident response procedures.
- Develop and own load projections and infrastructure road map, staying on top of our goals and together with the CTO, lead the way in defining and scheduling work that will most effectively reach those goals.
- Keep track of the bigger picture in every day work and be able to identify long term risks and opportunities.
- Coach SREs in their daily work, and help develop the team long term
This may be you
- Proven experience leading smaller teams, and preferably managing SREs.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Problem solving skills with a result oriented mindset.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Structured and diligent with a strong attention to details.
- Experience with SRE/devops tools and processes.
- Analytical approach to designing, diagnosing and optimizing infrastructure.
- An open but considered approach to new technologies.
There are many roads leading up to being a team lead. Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
What we can offer
- You will be a part of a highly-skilled, inspiring, and supportive team, and work in an environment that encourages long term personal growth.
- Positive, flexible, and trust-based work environment in a company with a Nordic culture.
- You can work remote, or be based out of our office in either San Francisco or Oslo.
- A healthy work-life balance. A balance in life is important to us, and we accommodate flexible work hours that allow for having a healthy work-life balance.
- Parental leave, insurances and PTO.
- Competitive salary and stock options program.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Have an untraditional background? Apply anyway!
Sanity.io pledges to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our product serves. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.